The NREVSD Admin Team has met to prepare for the changes in the 2019-20 school year. The Transitional Committee, made up of Kevin Walriven, Kristin Bennett, Julie Toth, John Frye, and Adam Bird, are ready to announce the following:
- Principal Assignments for 2019-20: Mark Bailey, Court Lilly, and Joe Roach will continue as the principal in their current building. Jamie Kunz will be the principal at Monroe Elementary.
- In following with Article 5.1703 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the New Richmond Teachers Organization, a list of certified staff to be reduced will be given to the Organization 30 days before BOE action and each teacher reduced shall be given written notice. I anticipate that this will come next week and meet the timeline of 30 days before BOE action at the April 15, 2019 BOE meeting.
- In following with Article 14.3 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement with OAPSE Local 267, a list of classified staff to be reduced will be given to the association 20 days before BOE action. I anticipate that this will come next week and meet the timeline of 20 days before the April 15, 2019 BOE meeting. This list will only include custodians. It will not include any aides. A list of cooks will come in time for the May 20, 2019 BOE meeting.
- All staff will be receiving a Google Form survey today regarding your intentions and preferences for 2019-20. All staff should complete the survey by March 8. Even those staff who would be affected by an initial Reduction list should complete the survey in case unanticipated retirements or departures occur.
- Attendance area for Monroe Elementary includes the following: All of Bethel-NR Rd, Augusta St, all parts of NR Village south and east of Augusta St, Jett Hill, 12 Mile Rd east of Jett Hill, Lindale-Nicholsville Rd east of Laurel Lindale Rd.
- Attendance area for Locust Corner Elementary includes the following: All of St Rt 132, all of NR Village north and west of Augusta St, 12 Mile Rd west of Jett Hill, Chestnut Lane, Lindale Nicholsville Rd west of Laurel Lindale Rd.
- I have asked elementary principals to get feedback from PTOs regarding our recommendation for Camp Joy. The Admin Team is recommending that next year's 6th grade attends Camp Joy in December of 2019 and that next year's 5th grade attends Camp Joy in April of 2020. In years afterwards, Camp Joy will become a 5th grade trip each April.
- The Admin Team is recommending that the mascot and colors of Monroe Elementary and Locust Corner Elementary change to "Lions" and Red/Black at the April 15, 2019 BOE meeting.
The Admin Team has been directed to not engage in speculation regarding any changes for next year. Stay tuned for further Transitional Updates as decisions are ready to be announced.
Mr. Adam Bird, Superintendent