NEW RICHMOND EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT
212 MARKET STREET, NEW RICHMOND, OHIO 45157
March 18, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians,
I hope this email finds you and your family safe and well! I wanted to take a few moments to update everyone on what is happening in our district:
1. All of central office has moved to the new location (the former middle school). We anticipate being fully operational before the end of the day Friday. The Market Street property is almost fully vacated.
2. I hope the remote instruction that is taking place is progressing well and your child is having a meaningful learning experience. Should you have questions, please work with your child's teachers. This style of learning and teaching is different and will require some time for all of us to adjust and adapt. I would like to commend our faculty and staff for doing such an amazing job of going from direct classroom instruction on Friday to online/digital instruction on Monday! Many other school systems had to take time off to prepare for this switch. We just kept right on going!
3. As much as we would like to continue feeding our kids over spring break, due to the uncertainty of the upcoming days, I could not in good conscious order a truckload of food that we may not be able to distribute. Therefore, the district will not be delivering meals the week of March 23-27, spring break. Meals will still be available, however, thanks to the efforts of Project Lunchbox (an outreach of Connection Point Church)! They plan to continue following the same dropoff times and sites initiated this week by our district’s cafeteria and transportation departments. Thank you to all the community members and volunteers who are making this possible!!!
4. If your student has hard copies of homework to return, we are going to place homework boxes on our buses that are making the meal deliveries. Students can place their homework in the boxes, and they will be returned to the schools. See our website for the dropoff locations. Also, student schoolwork can be placed in homework dropoff boxes that are located at the front of every school building. Do whatever makes sense for you and your family. We are just trying to provide options for families as we continue to troubleshoot issues as they arise.
5. Lastly, I want to thank all of YOU for helping to make our new reality work. I fully anticipated a week of problems and difficulties, but everyone has pitched in to make this work. For this, I am sincerely appreciative. Our kids will be the beneficiaries of this teamwork.