The New Richmond Schools Education Foundation Spearheads the First Professionally Published Alumni Directory
Five of Six New Richmond School Board Candidates Participate in Forum
New Richmond Schools Education Foundation's First Homecoming Event Draws Crowd of 100
The Foundation raises funds to help preserve, enhance and sustain an award-winning educational experience for the students, teachers and administrators in the New Richmond (Ohio) Exempted Village School District.
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION:
- The Foundation is an independent 501 (c) 3 organization governed by a volunteer board of trustees. Its purpose is to provide alternative funding for the New Richmond Exempted Village School District.
- Concerned community members started the Foundation in 2011 to help sustain the school district in the wake of significant revenue losses associated with local coal-fired power plants.
- The Foundation obtained 501 (c) 3 status from the IRS in 2014. Donations are tax deductible.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS & CONTRIBUTIONS:
The Foundation has raised approximately $55,000 for the New Richmond Exempted Village School District since 2014 by obtaining a series of grants and sponsorships. Our support has specifically helped fund:
- External security at all five school buildings
- Science Olympiad program at New Richmond Middle School
- Math and Science Night for elementary schools
- Theatrical program at Locust Corner Elementary
In addition, the Foundation:
- Hosted a social for friends of New Richmond Schools in fall 2017 as preparation for a fundraising gala
- Co-hosted candidate forums for the New Richmond Schools Board of Education in partnership with the Clermont County League of Women Voters in 2017 and 2013
- Coordinated student and teacher participation as primary host of the Village of New Richmond’s bicentennial founders day festival weekend in September 2014
- Provided in-kind support instrumental in saving the Camp Joy program for elementary schools in 2011 - 2012
IN THE YEAR AHEAD:
In 2018, the Foundation plans to:
- Complete the development of its constituent database
- Launch its website at www.nrsef.org and associated social media campaign
- Host various events that connect our community and schools, including participation in Ohio Chautaugua’s living history program in New Richmond this June
The Foundation’s primary goals over the next five years are to:
- Build a permanent endowment whose earnings will fund projects and programs outside the school district’s budget
- Continue obtaining outside grants to help fund academic programs and projects for students, faculty and staff
- Establish and maintain consistent communication with friends of the school district, including current and former teachers and staff, families of students and community members
CONNECT WITH NRSEF:
Phone: 513-553-2616, ext. 12101
Website Coming Soon: www.nrsef.org