New Richmond EVSD has a history of quality, excellence, and success in preparing our graduates for their future. There can be multiple ways of measuring the success of New Richmond EVSD. One measure of that success has been our district’s report card, as issued by the Ohio Department of Education. Until recently, our district had 5 straight years of earning a designation of “Excellent” or "Excellent with Distinction” from the Ohio Department of Education.
In the last 3 years, the state of Ohio has changed in the way they report on local schools. The Local Report Card has changed. The assessment that is given to students has changed. And the way that students are given the assessment has changed.
What hasn't changed is that the district’s report card issued by ODE is only ONE measure of the progress of New Richmond EVSD in educating our students. Academic achievement isn't our only mission, and the state report card is not the only way we measure ourselves.
There are many positive results in the limited snapshot of state required testing.
- NRHS was the highest achieving high school in Clermont County.
- NRHS earned an “A” in 4 year graduation rate.
- NRHS earned an “A” in 5 year graduation rate.
- NRHS earned an “A” in Overall Value Added.
- NRHS earned an “A” in Gifted Value Added.
- NRHS earned an “A” in Graduation Component Grade.
- NRHS earned a “C” in Performance Index Score which is tied for the highest in Clermont County.
- NRE earned an “A” in Overall Value Added.
- LCE earned an “A” in Overall Value Added.
- ME earned an “A” in Overall Value Added.
- The K-3 Literacy Improvement Grade improved to a “C”.
- The percentage of students Proficient or higher improved in 10 out of 16 indicators in grades K-8.
- The 3rd grade Reading Proficient rate increased 22.6%.
- The 4th grade Reading Proficient rate increased 8.9%.
- The 5th grade Reading Proficient rate increased 12.7%.
- The 6th grade Reading Proficient rate increased 9.2%.
- The 7th grade Reading Proficient rate increased 10.0%.
There are other non-report card indicators of success in NREVSD in 2016-17:
- NRMS Science Olympiad team finished 12th in the state of Ohio.
- NRHS Concert Band earned a “1” Superior Rating at OMEA Contest.
- NRHS continued its partnership with the Clermont Chamber of Commerce’s Work Readiness Initiative.
- NRHS offers 5 CCP courses.
- NRHS offers 4 AP courses.
- NRHS students earned 959 hours of college credit.
- NRHS graduates were offered $3.5 million in scholarships and grants.
- NRHS AP students passed their AP tests at a VERY high 75%.
- NRHS qualified students to the Emerging Artist Show in Columbus.
- NRHS Choral Department forms a new group: “Fermata Nowhere”.
- NRHS qualified students to attend the Anthony Munoz Leadership Conference.
- NRHS qualified students to attend VFW Buckeye Boys and Girls State.
- NRHS won the SBAAC All-Sports Trophy again.
- All buildings continue to have monthly SADD meetings or assemblies.
- Successful Mock elections held in all buildings.
- Started Technology Clubs in each elementary.
- Over 1000 grandparents attended Grandparent events in the elementaries.
- NRHS Veterans Wall of Honor dedicated.
- Gifted students traveled to Matthew 25 Ministries to complete a service project.
- LCE students completed a service project to benefit the victims of wildfires in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
- ME student qualified for Scripps Howard Spelling Bee.
- NRHS graduate surveys show that a large majority feel that NRHS has prepared them for higher education, has prepared them with “Decision making/Problem Solving”, and are proud to have graduated from NRHS.
A safe, warm, caring, and growing environment is more important than test scores. We will continue to teach state standards through Blended Learning. We will continue to encourage teachers to use Project-Based Learning and Problem Solving lessons. We will continue to expect that our students will achieve and master these state standards in each subject.
We are confident that our teachers and students will adjust to the “moving target” that the Ohio Department of Education’s changes represent. We know that our students will be prepared to show what they know and will pursue success after graduation. Thanks for your support to NR Schools!